I am getting a jump start on Valentines Day! SAVE YOUR LITTLE CANDY CANES – don’t throw them out or eat them all. If you are getting groceries today check the clearance bins for candy canes. You will be glad you did
So simple and cute, I ♥ these treats.
- small candy canes
- white semi sweet chocolate chips ( melt small amounts as you go) 1 bag will do LOTS
- cooking oil
- red food colouring
- Lollipop sticks (you can buy them at your craft store)
- Sprinkles and candies for the top
- Lay candy canes on wax paper on a cookie sheet in the shape of a heart
- Melt white chocolate chips. Do 1/2 cup at a time with a 1/2 tsp. of cooking oil. Melt slowly and stir often.
- If you want pink, add some red food colouring.
- Pour into the heart shape and fill it right up to the top
- Use your stick to smooth out the top and swirl it in chocolate and set it in place
- Decorate with whatever you like!
- Chill in fridge until set – about 30 minutes
If you still have more leftover candy canes then maybe you would be interested in my heart Mouse craft. It was a fun Valentine’s Day activity for kids! (just follow the highlighted link) Here is a photo of the finished mouse!
Be sure to stop by on Monday because I have an awesome ‘Smile of the Week’ to share. If you are an animal lover then you won’t want to miss this story. Plus I am just putting together my blog post about the ice cream cake I made and I will share it next week!
Enjoy your week-end!