I am happy to re share this project that I did last year. If you didn’t see it, I hope you like it. This cute bottle used to be filled with salad dressing!
Here we go;
A few weeks ago I was looking at my salad dressing bottle as I put it in the recycling and I thought that it had a nice shape to it and a cool 3D design on the side (photo below) so that inspired me to make this little vase for Valentines Day. It could be a nice little gift for a favourite teacher, Grandma or any girl in your life and not just for Valentine’s Day!!
- a salad dressing bottle
- tissue paper or fabric of your choice –enough that would cover the bottle
- glue – modge podge
- feather boa from the dollar store (in girls dress-up supplies)
- Wash and clean the bottle. Cut the paper into squares.
- Start applying the paper. Brush the podge on the bottle and then put the paper on and paint a layer of podge on top. Don’t worry too much about bumps, I think they add a nice texture. As you put on the squares of fabric overlap them slightly. When you come to rounded corners cut the paper longer and thinner or put in a slit so it turns the corner better.
3. Cover the whole bottle. I then cut out individual hearts from the tissue to strategically glue on the front of the bottle. (This next photo shows a heart I cut out)
You can see the extra hearts I glued on in front and it is still wet.
4. Let the bottle dry. I did not do the bottom but you could if you wanted. I left mine overnight and then the next day I gave it another coat of podge to seal it and make it shine.
5. My last step was to glue a piece of the feather boa around the top for some glamour! I used my hot glue gun to attach it, but white glue should work too, it will just need to dry.
Now for the finished product!
My finished vase is sitting on my kitchen windowsill and it looks adorable! It has got me wondering what else I could podge and turn into something amazing!!
It’s Friday! now that is great news isn’t it? I hope you have a super day!