My ‘Facebook friend’ Tracy announced one Sunday that her house smelled wonderful from the aroma of an Apple Cinnamon Loaf in the oven. Well it did not take long until the Facebook friends were commenting and wanting to know the recipe. Tracy was quick to reply and generously shared her recipe with the friends. Of course I wrote it down too and I was totally intrigued by the fact that it had 2 individual packs of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal in it. I have never seen that in a recipe before. I asked Tracy if she minded if I shared it with my bloggers and she gave me the go ahead!
I did make 2 little alterations. I put a little less sugar and I added a bit of cinnamon (which I love!) This loaf was very simple to make and I took it over to my ladies coffee group and they all enjoyed it too.
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 2 individual packs of apple cinnamon instant oatmeal (save half a package for the top)
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- Cream the butter and add in the sugar and eggs.
- Stir in the applesauce and the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle half a package of instant oatmeal over the top of the loaf
- Bake at 350′ for 1 hour. It makes one large loaf.
Thanks Tracy for sharing your recipe! I will definitely be making this one again!