Most mornings I eat Old Fashioned large flake oatmeal for breakfast. Last week I noticed that there is a recipe on the lid of the container. I like to bake something for my ladies coffee group because its a good way for me to get my baking fix AND not eat it all at home! At least oatmeal cookies are pretty healthy, as far as a cookie goes and these were REALLY good.
Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 – 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 3 cups of Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned) uncooked Oatmeal
- 1 cup of raisins
- Preheat oven to 350′F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda,cinnamon and then add it in and mix well.
- Add oats and raisins and mix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Thanks Quaker Oats, these cookies were really delicious!!