I am pretty happy that my new job has given me an opportunity to bake!! I am attending my first staff potluck and I am bringing these lemon squares!
I LOVE Lemon !! Lemon with a blast of raspberry and coconut, all on top of a shortbread crust. What is not to love!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/3 cup of raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of lemon pie filling
- 1/2 cup of fine coconut flakes
- Combine flour and sugar and butter and mix together until a dough is formed.
- Press it firmly into a 8″ square pan.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and spread on the jam.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs till light and creamy. Add in the package of pie filling powder and the coconut. Mix it together.
- Spread it on the top of the jam. Do you like extra coconut? Sprinkle a 1/4 cup more or so on the top.
- Bake at 350′ for 25-30 minutes until firm. Cool. Cut into squares.
Have a terrific Friday and I hope you find a chance to bake these delicious squares!